Why do I need email archiving?
Industry regulations require multiple avenues of protection from a simple backup plan to retention of detailed message header information.
If your business relies on email for communication, you should know the impact these laws and regulations have on your email:
- Open Meeting Laws. Intended to promote transparency and open access to government records
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Gives greater access to government records, updated in 1996 to encompass electronic records
- Healthcare Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPPA). Wraps stiff penalties around violations of electronic data retention and privacy regulations
- 21 CFR Part 11. Imposes FDA-mandated policies for electronic records management on pharmaceutical companies
- SEC 17A-4. Places stiff SEC-enforced rules around retention and access to records related to securities transactions
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). Addresses auditing and reporting for corporations to combat corporate accounting fraud
- Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA). Enacts regulations around data security in the financial sector
- FRCP. Sets limits around electronically produced and saved documents that are required as part of legal compliance
If not, rest assured – we do. ArrowMAIL Email Archiving was built to address these and many more regulations that affect how you retain and retrieve email.
How Can ArrowMAIL Help?
With properly archived and retrievable email, your messages are automatically retained and immediately accessible when requested. Offloading your archiving management to the experts, reduces internal server load, improves production server operation and saves IT resources. In the email archive you can:
- Capture, index, and safely store up to 9 copies of auditable email; including header information, body, and attachment content
- Use full text search capabilities to find email based on message components in a secure web-based search and discovery interface
- Maintain original message integrity using WORM technology to assign date/time stamps and unique headers to safeguard against deletion
- Export to standards-based formats like .pst, .pdf, .txt, and mime
- Gain unlimited storage with guaranteed uptime
How Safe is My Data with ArrowMAIL Email Archiving?
During transmission and storage, your data remains secure and private. Email Archiving provides you with:
- Top tier, physically and logically secure data centers backed by the ArrowMAIL Cloud
- Adherence to PCI DSS standards for payment card industry transactions
- DoD standards-based encryption with HMAC-SHA1 authentication for tamper-proof data
- The most current SSL encryption protocols for data center-to-device transmissions
- Dynamically allocated, dedicated virtual machines delivering superior performance even during activity spikes
- An audit trail for every system interaction with reports detailing users, activity, date, time, and IP address